DSC09753 - Copy

14 April 2009

An exercise in trust - and patience

All day quietly labouring, mostly lying on the swing in my mum's garden watching children and husband come and go, gardening being done and sand being redistributed, little plastic cups becoming ships on an ocean, sticks being waved as flags, normal bright everyday wonderful family life...

The longest between contractions so far has been about an hour. But we're heading slowly in the direction of established labour and enjoying the strength and wonder of my body working perfectly and a baby coming, coming in its own sweet time. Strange that once I was totally sure I was in labour (not until about lunchtime lol) I stopped feeling impatient! I'm not willing this on any faster, for now, just accepting what it is.

Thankyou, for all your thoughts and prayers. :) Perhaps tonight, perhaps in the morning, there will be more good news...

13 comments:

  1. So pleased for you! I hope everything goes wonderfully xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - echoed by my DH too! Enjoy the experience and may the labour be gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fab - glad it's going ok! I guess it's a reflection on my own labour that I looked at the GP messages saying that they might be too late, and thought "that's hopeful!" :)

    Broken Man's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots of positive thoughts for a fantastic birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you.....looking forward to hearing the good news as soon as you get round to blogging it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, serial lurker here. Just to let you know I'm praying that baby gets here safe and sound, and that your birth experience is everything you want it to be...

    God Bless!

    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep that frame of mind hon - you're doing wonderfully! Love & light to you all? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that's such great news. Will be checking for the big announcement :) You sound so wonderfully calm hon. I hope it all goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you! Wishing you a wonderful birth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, holding your lovely family in my thoughts this evening...
    Lots of Love
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Sarah. Hopefully you are cuddled up with your new little one by now :)

    Love
    Amy
    foreversomeday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)