DSC09753 - Copy

26 March 2007

Making the most of two parents for a week

Morgan and I had a lie-in while Martin went off to Dads’ Group with Jenna. For the last time. Oh God I’m going to be saying that all week and trying not to cry. I don’t want it to be the last time we go to soft play together. I don’t want it to happen now and I’ve been desperate for him to get a job forever now!

The weather is glorious, so we’ve been in the garden a lot. It’s great, planting and feeling that I’m making something wonderful for my daughters. A garden, something I always wanted. I am counting on not killing everything this year though, it won’t be much of a garden without plants. The chickens are fab though, pecking around the place looking fat and contented. I’ve really fallen in love with them.

This afternoon both of the girls went for a walk with Martin so I could sew. I made a dress for Jenna for Easter. The new serger is so good, I can’t get over how easy it was. Without a “normal” machine as well though I’ll have to do the button holes by hand, not a task I’m looking forward to. I plan to put some little butterflies on it too, the ones from the new Lush bath bomb that Jenna adores – it would be a shame not to use them for something special.

I’m feeling really positive today, really good about myself. I don’t know why, maybe it’s the sunshine. But I’m feeling great. Contented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts? :)