DSC09753 - Copy

30 March 2012

Home

Here we are, back in our own home again after just the busiest most lovely sunny week away.  I don't know where to start.  Northumberland is the place my heart calls to.  It's my other home.  To be quite honest, I feel more than the usual post-holiday-flat-feeling right now.  I feel homesick, already.

Where shall I begin with catching up?  I think I'll start with home base.  This is my little tour of the cottage we stayed in...

Living room:
DSC04852

DSC04853

Little kitchen where I made cupcakes without any weighing scales, and baked a whole rainbow trout gifted from the neighbours (really)!! :
DSC04851

Bedrooms:
DSC04854

DSC04860

Jenna unpacking her dollies on her little cabin bed up in the eaves:
DSC04859

Home.  My Ashleigh-made handspun birthday shawl on the back of a chair:
DSC04861

And here's a little preview of what we have been up to all week...  The beaches in this part of the country are truly the most beautiful peaceful places.  Windswept and perfect.
DSC04882


DSC04889

Here are three of my little daughters stomping down the gravel path I have such vivid childhood memories of walking down.
DSC04871
I remember my little brother's red wellies ahead of me.  The sound of the stones and the frost grinding underfoot.  It must have been November.  I was about six.  Birdsong and the smell of snow.

This picture used to hang above the bed my youngest brother slept in.  It's in the play room now.  Sharing my memories of such a special place with my children, well, it has just been awesome.
DSC04877

Village Farm has a pool.  The pool my brothers learned to swim in.  All week, Jenna has been getting stronger and stronger and braver, and can now tread water and swim lengths and surface dive so well.  She is like a little seal in the water.  Morgan swam her first unsupported strokes without arm bands.
DSC04924

DSC04931
And Talia just basked.  Sun, water, family, sun, water: baby bliss.

Can you blame us for not really wanting to come back to Derby after such a perfect week?
DSC04883

6 comments:

  1. Oh it all looks wonderful! What a perfect week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - lovely cottage, looks like you all had a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place, makes me long for a week away myself (can't complain though, the weather has been fab here). Look at that little duck in the water, how cute lol. Glad you had a nice break.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah that place is just awesome!! Can you pm me the details via green parent forum, it looks just the palce to lift our spirits!

    Love and hugs San xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for a liebster blog award if you want to take part then the rules are:

    link back to original awarder, display badge on your blog and award five folks with a following of less than 200.

    Hugs to you San xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We feel so blessed to have had such a perfect week. I am still brimming over with contentment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)