I began improvising a pixie hat for Tali out of the lovely handspun alpaca Ashleigh gave me to dye. The colours came out like opal fruits.
The "plan" didn't work out, but the hat did, somehow, anyway. And I even had enough yarn for ear flaps. There is a scant few yards left over that may be just enough to crochet a flower or something. It was that serendipitous combination of yarn, colour, stitch, and project. :)
Couldn't you just eat her?!
I finished the scrappy coffee bean too, also for Talia. I love random colour changes, and I'm very happy with this little top. It's something Katia (Aztec maybe?) a few bits of James C Brett Monsoon, and a length of James C Brett Imagine, and the button bands are Rico Melange! Once again, I really *could* have been more careful working the button bands, but I'm not bored with this pattern yet and have to make at least once more!
I shan't put up a single work in progress, because they are increasing in number at a crazy rate and I'm having trouble keeping track of them all. Honestly, I am so distracted by so many things at the moment, I just want to snatch up a project at random and work a row or two of something small. So everything is taking ages!
I'm not even reading much. So I won't be sharing any pretty book pictures. I did just start "What Katy Did" with Jenna, and she is transfixed. :)