DSC09753 - Copy

30 May 2012

Knittalong: sweeties scraps and a pixie

I began improvising a pixie hat for Tali out of the lovely handspun alpaca Ashleigh gave me to dye. The colours came out like opal fruits.
DSC06237
The "plan" didn't work out, but the hat did, somehow, anyway. And I even had enough yarn for ear flaps. There is a scant few yards left over that may be just enough to crochet a flower or something. It was that serendipitous combination of yarn, colour, stitch, and project. :) DSC06373
Couldn't you just eat her?!
DSC06370
I finished the scrappy coffee bean too, also for Talia. I love random colour changes, and I'm very happy with this little top. It's something Katia (Aztec maybe?) a few bits of James C Brett Monsoon, and a length of James C Brett Imagine, and the button bands are Rico Melange!  Once again, I really *could* have been more careful working the button bands, but I'm not bored with this pattern yet and have to make at least once more!
DSC06383
I shan't put up a single work in progress, because they are increasing in number at a crazy rate and I'm having trouble keeping track of them all.  Honestly, I am so distracted by so many things at the moment, I just want to snatch up a project at random and work a row or two of something small.  So everything is taking ages!

I'm not even reading much.  So I won't be sharing any pretty book pictures.  I did just start "What Katy Did" with Jenna, and she is transfixed.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh that cards is delicious, the baby tho is scrumptious!! Wooooweeee 3. Sleeps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Anxious about car, stress stress stress!) Yes - however we end up getting there, we are looking forwards to camp!

      Delete
  2. Oh my word...what a cutie! She looks like she is enjoying her new hat!
    The little cardi is gorgeous as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a dumpling. :) It's far too hot here for her to wear the hat for real, but it really suits her. I rather like the suspicious expression. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh a momma after my own knitted heart- Your babies are beautiful and your handknits are lovely! I am curious about all the little projects you are knitting on--as I am feeling the same way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :) I think, if I remember everything, I'm working on:
      - a coffee bean for my brother's new baby
      - an aviatrix for same expected arrival
      - a water bottle bag
      - a big shawl that I am hardly working on in the heat
      - a hat in rainbow wool with different stitch patterns at random
      - about to cast on a cotton sunhat and a skinny silky shawl!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness that hat is adorable! I love having lots of things on the needles - it prevents boredom.

    Baby items are a great way to use up those bits of left over yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixie hats are an especial favourite. My sister in law is about to have a baby, and they like pixie hats (yay!), so I am knitting lots of adorable hats in mini size too!

      Delete
  5. That little hat and the baby in it both look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cardigan. What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)