DSC09753 - Copy

9 April 2012

Book Sharing (and Bookshop Sharing too)

Now, THIS, this is one of my very favourite places.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I could just live here.  This is Barter Books in Alnwick, Northumberland.  Yippeee!  It's second-hand-book heaven!
DSC04880
DSC04881
This is one of the many things we left with.  I won't show anything but the cover, but trust me when I say this aerial photography will take your breath away.  We have spent many happy hours gazing (and looking up the interesting, thought-provoking, inspiring, and just plain gorgeous images in the index).
DSC04897
(PS, can you believe that's my little Jenna walking down the aisles in the first picture?  She is just shooting up!)

6 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought when I saw that photograph, was my goodness Jenna looks so grown up! What an amazing place, must be heaven to browse there. X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure beats the spots of Waterstones lol. Our only 2nd hand book shop closed down a few years ago (killed off by Amazon no doubt), its a shame.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, we also love Barter books, we went last christmas and read for many an hour infront of the lovely log fires, oh and cafe..yummy. Northumberland is beautiful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fab in WInter too - all the fires blaze, there are fantastic old style christmas trees. I love the waiting room as a place to sit and mull over a book with a coffee. Not that I get much chance these days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...we have a huge second hand bookshop near us in Rochester called Baggins...we get lost in there for hours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that shop! I feel and urge to visit my Dad's cousins in Alnwick coming on...!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)