DSC09753 - Copy

6 July 2013

Atelier Studio-Box Day!

We signed up for Little Atelier boxes with Woodland Children last month. I thought it'd prompt some different art activities with the girls and be beautiful things to strew for these art-loving children. :) Woodland Children have such lovely things anyway, and we know we love lots of their ranges, so I trusted that the contents would be brilliant quality.

Box day came, and we were all very excited by the pretty parcel that arrived. I *love* getting exciting post (you know, not the boring-but-necessary things), especially when it's a surprise. :)
Atelier

And here's what we got this month: close up photographs of plants, lovely big glass jars with paint powder, pallete for colour mixing, brushes, information on the artist we could take inspiration from, and even paper to paint on.
Atelier open

The suggested activity took over an hour even without the jar-shaking paint-mixing fun, and we have the painting gear and lots of paint left over to use for other projects. In fact there was plenty of everything for three children to get involved and enjoy the activity, and the materials could easily have gone around a larger group. So it was pretty good value, and an interesting afternoon. :)
Atelier Rowan working

Atelier Morgan

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Sarah, good find , I am going to sign Oscar and I up for it as soon as mister gets paid :)
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of the very first things I did when Martin got paid, what with the new bigger pay cheque. :)

      I'm really excited to see what we get next month!

      Delete
    2. Even Duncan is excited lol. Oscar crys that he 'never' gets any parcels (*ahem* maybe I buy too much on Ebay for myself though lol), so this will be fantastic for him. It asks for a referrer's name I noticed, I guess that will be you. I hope you get something for it. :)
      I will let you know when its done so you can keep an eye out.
      V
      xxx

      Delete
  2. It is such a lovely idea. :) Surprises are fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very tempted to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, do you have a contact number for this company, I signed up on Saturday and am having problems getting hold of them in any shape, size or form :( no confirmation, money taken, and email from paypal this morning saying no longer trading and to contact them? Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's just a paypal glitch, she was around on Facebook just a few hours ago. :) I don't have any other contact details for her than her Facebook page, but she usually checks regularly so I'd leave a message on Facebook and check back tomorrow? I hope it's all sorted out quickly. <3

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)