DSC09753 - Copy

19 December 2012

Yarn Along - peace, cotton, paper, and thrifted books

All is calm here.  Really calm.  Really spookily quiet actually, since three of my four little wild ones are sleepy and poorly this week.  Christmas knitting is done.  Christmas food shopping is just normal food shopping around here plus a veg box which is going to arrive when it usually does.  Advent activities are a soft sprinkling of glitter and baking and cutting out, and are not turning into the stressful pressure they did for a while last year.  Not even the Waldorf star lantern making ruffled me, even though it resulted in a mere single wonky offering.

This is the knit I'm working on: a lovely pair of cotton trousers for a friends' growing preschooler.  I've posted the tiniest peek, in sepia, so as not to spoil the surprise of the finished garment.  They're gorgeous and I'm having a lot of fun with them.  (Although my husband, coming across the cable chart, did ask me if it was super-advanced Minesweeper...)
DSC00314b

Earlier in the week I read this (a thrifted gift from a wonderful friend): yet *more* distopian fiction.  Another interesting take.  I find myself reading older and newer books in a similar style alongside each other and wondering whether the newer author ever read this book, and if not, where the common threads come from that make them resonate so strongly.
DSC00316

Anyway.  That's my crafting and reading for this week.  Back to paper folding, being all calm about the festivities, snuggling blanket-wrapped miserable coughing children, and so on.  ;)
DSC00303

Joining in with Ginny and friends.

4 comments:

  1. sounds more peaceful than our poorly filled home...hope the little ones feel better soon, bright blessings x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you and yours too! Mine are still hot little cookies, and coughing, but otherwise perkier. :)

      Delete
  2. I keep meaning to comment on so many of your posts but usually am so distracted by children and life in general that I walk away from the computer having left it unsaid. I find co,fort and joy in visiting your little family.. you give me my daily dose of sanity when my own unruly, chaotic home threatens to overwhelm.. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. :) Unruly and chaotic is the most frequent incarnation of my home life too - but I'm getting better at finding the moments of perfect peace. :)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)