DSC09753 - Copy

9 September 2011

Ordinary

This, for us, is a huge great wonderful feeling of relief. I'm still sick (yes, I know!) but I'm not *feeling* sick, and for the first time in so long I'm really feeling like myself again. I'm feeling lively and passionate and playful and joyful. I'm able to get up in the morning and get things done and plan fun activities. I have ME back.
DSC02570
(Wet on wet colour mixing with Jenna - we drew our apple trees in red and blue, and the colours changed on the yellow background.)
DSC02573
What's most reassuring of all, though, isn't the feeling good. It's that as soon as I started getting back to normal - AS SOON as I started back to my normal rhythms and activities - everything slipped back into place. It took a month to establish daily and weekly rhythms that suited us all the first time around. And after less than a year of living like that it all came to a halt - for nearly five months. It just gives me faith that no matter what the hiatus or interruption, no matter if I'm out of action again at some point, it isn't the end of everything that went before.
DSC02572
DSC02569
(Ashleigh is in Derby again! I have missed her so much since our lovely little holiday together.)
DSC02576
DSC02578
(Our first conkers of the season!)
DSC02579
DSC02582

6 comments:

  1. we're working on our rhythm and settling into it as well :-) good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time lurker coming out of the wood work, just wanted to say I love your blog and your family is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that feeling - glad ordinary is good for you all atm xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou (and lovely to meet you, Kelly!) I have been feeling so fed up and unsettled, a bit of ordinary is just magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I'm so glad things are getting back to normal for you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding your rythem and actually being able to do things again is a great feeling:) Glad you are begining to feel a lot better then you were:)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)