DSC09753 - Copy

10 October 2012

Yarn Along: rainbow stripes and classics

I am knitting not one, or even two, but FOUR small bags this week.  One has just been cast off and is awaiting embellishments.  One is now totally finished and has been made off with by my Ruby Doodle.  One is only ten rows in and taking most of my knitting attention right now.  And one is just needing ends sewing in (THIS one is my favourite, for obvious reasons)!
DSC09006
I got most of it done at Calke Abbey yesterday in the chilly play park, and on the way home in the car.  I might need to knit another some time, though I have used up my lovely bright red now.  Time for another order from Yvestown methinks!

The reading has been almost as prolific, and almost as thematic.  I have been picking up free classics and enjoying the e-reader while Talia has a bit of a cold and is sad and snuffly and nursing a lot.  Father Brown stories, The Invisible Man, A Picture of Dorian Gray, and The Man Who Knew Too Much.  I have finished the former three and am half way through the latter.

Life seems so sparkly and bright, surrounded by these wild children, out and about plenty, time as a family and chatting with friends, journalling, dyeing silks, knitting, reading - all sparkly.  I think this is the effect of gratitude - of spending the days counting off all the gloriously good things.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I am knitting and reading and baking bread again this week and it feels just right for the season. :) Have you read the Outlander Books? I am always late to the party when it comes to book series, and I am half way through book one and really enjoying it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outlander-Diana-Gabaldon/dp/0440242940/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349884540&sr=1-4
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just queued a preview of that, thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete
  2. Loving the last but of your post especially. So glad to hear everything is sparkly right now! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, a good part of it is your gentle shared reminder to live in Worship. :)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)