DSC09753 - Copy

3 March 2014

Seven Days

IMG_2889

IMG_2890

IMG_2891

IMG_2910

IMG_2911

IMG_2918

IMG_2929

IMG_2947

1. Klimt-style tree
2. Walk to the post office
3. Blue skies
4. Minecraft
5. Peanut butter chocolate cake (again)
6. What happens when Connor and Rowan find the chocolate spread...
7. Space Centre trip
8. Our new flock!

So, well, lots of ordinary busy peaceful days, and a very mad weekend! And yes, we have chickens again. I have missed their homely chatter and silly feather-brained exploits. The run is still sort of half-built, but for now they are secure and comfortable and we have plenty of time to get the arrangement right as they settle in. They are quite a flock of characters!

And Talia calls them all "duck".

5 comments:

  1. Both you and Kat Goldin are giving me chicken envy lol. Your girls must be loving them, I am sure Oscar would. I love the tree, it certainly is Klimt-esq.
    Valerie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all so thrilled to have chickens again. :) :)

      The tree was all Morgan's idea. She was hovering over my shoulder while I browsed art on Pinterest!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. 'Welcome' to your new feathered members of the family :)
    I often think of Sarah, hope you are happy and well <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello chickens! I don't miss ours yet. I am enjoying a break from the poo! ;) lol.
    What recipe do you use for the cake, if you don't mind sharing? Looks yummy. :)
    Lovely photos of your girls as always :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a basic chocolate sponge recipe, but I substitute a bit of the butter for peanut butter and use one less egg. :)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)