DSC09753 - Copy

16 January 2013

A Week Of...

Rainbows...
DSC00615

Teaching impromptu crochet lessons...
DSC00614

Craft activities...
DSC00616

Computer time...
DSC00627

The most ill-advised walk ever...
DSC00639

I thought it was a great idea to get out, but hugely underestimated the length of walk.  Three toddlers cried most of the way round whether in arms or on foot, and by the time we got within sight of the visitor centre two mamas were nearly in tears too.  *sigh*
DSC00636

My back doesn't thank me for carrying two of them...
DSC00640

Shared meals and warm food...
DSC00641

Breastfeeding and baby snuggling...
DSC00658

Snow...
DSC00667 - Copy

Running around...
DSC00675

Sleeping in the sling...
DSC00680

Octonauts and Indigo and friends...
DSC00685

And sewing...
DSC00716

So that's where I've been!  Our visitors went home today, and poor baby has slept all afternoon so we have obviously exhausted her being so busy.  I'm sure our guests will need a week to recover, too.  ;)

13 comments:

  1. So much loveliness in your week Sarah x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really all of my very favourite things (except for the sea)! :)

      Delete
  2. I've missed you lol, its good to peek in to your world.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab week. Prayers for you and your back!

    San xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, San. It put me back about a week - I was so close to normal and I'm just now starting to get there again. I had NO IDEA how far it was going to be! Silly mistake!

      Delete
  4. Looks like an exciting week. Also love the cardigan the little one in 'Octonauts, Indigo and friends' is wearing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashleigh knitted it for Connor, from the indigo dyed organic merino. It's this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/little-hipster-cardigan (I just went and looked it up on her Ravelry)!

      Delete
    2. Yup, it's a very cute pattern, in Aran weight yarn, with loads of different sizes. Nicely mind numbing knit, with no seaming, ticks my boxes. And I'm glad to see its not too *ginormous* on him, like I was worried about (knitted the age four, and up a needle size to accommodate the super squishy thick Aran that Sarah stocks for the three year old). Happy smiles. :)

      Delete
  5. What an adventurous week you have had, I hope your back is ok after that carrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting there, but it was a stupid situation to be in! I shouldn't have been carrying two with my back as it is, but Martin had his arms full of the other toddler already. :(

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love your rainbow sling.... which one is it? I might need to look for one of those myself. Skye-Blue x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Ellaroo La Rae. The first sling I ever bought!

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)