DSC09753 - Copy

20 May 2014

More Sunshiny Ordinary Days

IMG_3769

Well, the weather has taken us outside for a lot of our time. I had a couple of days of illness, which I was relieved to find were not followed by any sick children! I've read a lot, and helped with Minecraft tech support, and done some baking with the kidlets. They have spent hours hanging off the swing frame and climbing the willow tree to admire a large colony of green caterpillars living up there.

I also managed to not procrastinate about spending money on myself this week (for once) and bought a decent summer dress for my friend's wedding. Yay! (Thank you Ashleigh for nagging me about it when she found I was worrying about what the children would wear and hadn't even thought about what *I* would wear!)

IMG_3792

Jenna and I have both had hormonal shouty (her) and weepy (me) episodes. Toddler person boosted my post-illness milk supply by ever-so-kindly keeping me up all night again (every time I think she is sleeping more, we have another few all-night feeds)! What else? Oh, Tibs also cut a chunk out of her fringe. Lighting fires and toasting marshmallows have joined the list of current obsessions. The chickens are now producing five eggs a day, and spending many a happy hour dust bathing.

IMG_3806

IMG_3807

IMG_3804

IMG_3810

IMG_3823

IMG_3812

IMG_3825

The same few precious, beautiful, new-every-morning blessings crop up on my gratitude list over and over. Family, friends, this beautiful crazy world, our health, so much freedom, time for creativity, food, laughter. The way the sleeping small imprints her blonde curls on my warm arm. The daily shout of "spider!" as they disturb a new specimen in the garden which I just *have* to go and see. Cups of tea. Sharing stories and ideas with the wonderful and inspiring people who live inside my computer (hi!). Colour. Light. Grace, every day, to try again and learn and live just a little more in love.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are gliding into a more chilled out period for summer? Well, as chilled as a house full of inquisitive home schooled children can get lol :-)
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so! A summer in the garden. :) :)

      Delete
  2. Your dress looks lovely and I love that gorgeous scarf/shawl, where did you find it? Hope you have a wonderful day at the wedding x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarf was a market find - I went back hoping that it would still be there and was so happy! So very me. :)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)