DSC09753 - Copy

28 May 2014

A list of things I have barely started:

I have a shiny new book which I have not made time to start. I enjoyed the previous two in the series, and still it sits here waiting for me to pick it up.
IMG_3867
And I am blatantly still *not* working on Jenna's Low Tide (though I have finally made more than a passing attempt at starting: look! One Whole Pattern Repeat!)...

I am utterly failing to plan meals or fun activities. If we are still having adventures, it is largely because I don't prevent them rather than because I'm doing well at facilitating. And I am also not really making a start on tidying up (um, ever).
IMG_3928
If there is a prize for PMT related crying, not complaining about listening to Christmas carols on repeat in May, wondering when a difficult-feeling month becomes depression (again) and what to do about it, general complaints about being tired (whilst not doing anything about it at all), and answering bizarre questions, often at length (about Minecraft, politics, Literature, Star Trek, how to spell "incredible", where diamonds come from, and why Pluto isn't a planet)... I should probably win something. Is it acceptable to make our own parenting medals, do you think?

Right, that's it, I'm awarding myself the Survived This Month With Humour badge AND the Children Thriving Anyway badge.

4 comments:

  1. I am awarding you with the badge of kindest, most thoughtful, beautiful mama I know <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I award you with the always managing to write a post even in the midst of all the chaos and never failing to make me smile badge! Is that OK?!!

    San xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LIKE these badges, thank you! :) We should make this a tradition. I think you get a couple for Incredible Fortitude and Inspiring Positivity just for starters.

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts? :)